Last Updated: May 31, 2021
- What personal information is collected from you through the Website, how it is used, and with whom it is shared;
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your information;
- The security procedures in place to protect your information;
- Retention and deletion of your information; and
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in your information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Provide to Us:
In using our Website, you may voluntarily provide us with Information, including, without limitation the following. Please note that you do not need to provide us with the Information listed in this section (Information You Provide to Us) to simply access the content and use most features of our Website.
- Contact information such as name, email address, postal address, and telephone number(s) (for example, when registering to receive emails or newsletters from us, registering for an event, or applying to participate in one of our programs);
- Account information and log-in credentials, including unique identifiers such as username and password;
- Optional demographic information such as gender, ethnicity, and age range;
Information you provide when participating in social media accounts operated by Little Island; and
- Additional information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
Information We May Automatically Collect About You:
We may automatically collect certain Information about you when you use our Website. We use this Information to help us design our Website and programming to better suit our users’ and attendees’ needs and preferences. This Information may include:
- IP address, which is the number associated with the service through which you access the Internet, like your ISP (Internet service provider);
- Date and time of your visit or use of our Website;
- Domain server from which you are using our Website;
- Type of computer, web browsers, search engine used, operating system, or platform you use;
- Data identifying the web pages you visited prior to and after visiting our Website; and
- Your movement and activity within the Website, which is aggregated with other information.
Cookies & Technologies Used to Collect Information About You; Do Not Track Signals
We use “cookies” on our Website to among other things automatically collection information about you. A cookie is a piece of data stored on your hard drive to help us improve your access to our Website and identify repeat visitors to our Website. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience of our Website.
We do not track visitors across third party websites to provide targeted advertising, and therefore do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
Information We May Receive from Third Parties
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Use of Your Information
We use Information collected to operate our Website, programs and organization, including without limitation:
- To communicate with you periodically, if you have subscribed to one of our email lists,
- newsletters, or otherwise signed up for communications with us;
- To facilitate your registration for an event or program;
- To enable you to log into and use features of our Website requiring an account;
- To respond to you when you contact us. We may also archive this information and/or use it for future communications with you;
- To respond to performance and job applications and related inquiries;
- To send you marketing messages, special offers, promotions, and other information about us and our programs and services, and other products or services that we think may be of interest to you (see opt-out procedures in “Your Choices and Communications Preferences” below);
- To contact you with service messages related to or affecting your use of our Website, for example, to send you updates about changes in our terms or policies;
- To maintain the security of our Website and investigate any activities that may violate our policies or be illegal; and
- To manage and operate our Website, and our organization in general.
Sharing Your Information
- Third Party Service Providers/Program Partners. We might share your Information with third-party vendors to help us in operating our Website, programs and services.Also, if we work with a nonprofit partner to help us to develop content and programs, in limited circumstances, we might share Information with them, subject to confidentiality obligations.
- Legal and Governmental Authorities/Protection. To comply with legal requirements that may arise, we may share your Information, if requested to do so by legal or government authorities, or to protect our rights and property (including, without limitation, to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, or violations and enforcement of our policies).
- Fundamental Business Transactions.As we grow and develop, Little Island may evolve by transferring, selling or liquidating certain aspects of our operations or may combine aspects or all of our operations with another organization(s).In connection with such transactions, we may disclose and/or transfer your Information.
- Aggregated Data. We may share Information in an aggregated form or publish information based on aggregated data without restriction. However, we will only do so in a way that your personal identity is protected.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES; SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS.
YOUR CHOICES AND COMMUNICATIONS PREFERENCES
Little Island may send you emails from time to time related to our programs and activities, online transactions, events, security, or the administration of our Website and programs.If you no longer wish to subscribe to our online mailings or would like to change your e-mail preferences, you may do so at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any e-mail you receive from us. You may also remove your name from our database and e-mail and physical address mailing list by contacting us at email@example.com with the subject line “OPT-OUT”. Please be advised that sometimes these requests may take time to process. Even if you opt-out of receiving promotional material from us, we will still send you transaction emails and respond to questions from you.
We use commercially reasonable measures to provide our Website. However, you should assume that no data transmitted over the Internet or stored or maintained by us or our third-party service providers can be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your Information, we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant the security of any Information.
It is your responsibility to maintain the accuracy of the Information you submit to us and confidentiality of your log-in credentials and unique identifiers used to access any Website account. You can update your Information at any time by visiting your user account page.
If you believe that your Information has been accessed or acquired by an unauthorized person, please contact us promptly at How to Contact Us so that necessary measures can quickly be taken.
We may retain your Information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your Information to provide you services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain and use your Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain Information you have submitted to us. Please note that when Information is removed from our databases it may continue to exist in our backup archives.
ACCESSING, CORRECTING, OR DELETING YOUR INFORMATION
You may review, update, correct or delete Information you have provided to us by contacting us at email@example.com. Please note, however, that even if you delete your Information, there may still be residual Information about you in our systems, for example in our log files. Also, please note that we may retain certain Information necessary to comply with our legal obligations, meet regulatory requirements, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions of use.
PROTECTING CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We strongly believe in protecting the privacy of children. We do not knowingly collect or maintain any Information on our Website from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of our Website is directed to persons under 13 years of age. Upon learning of the existence of Information concerning persons less than 13 years of age that has been collected on our Website without verified parental consent, we will take appropriate steps to delete it.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Write us: 872 Washington Street, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10014
A Note to Users in the European Economic Area and the European Union
To the extent the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) applies and we hold Personal Data (as defined under the GDPR) about you in our capacity as a data controller (as defined under the GDPR), you may request that we:
Restrict the way that we process and share your personal data;
Transfer your personal data to a third party;
Revoke your consent for processing of your personal data;
Provide you with access to your personal data;
Remove your personal data if no longer necessary for the purposes collected;
Update your personal data so it is correct and not out of date; and/or
Object to our processing of your personal data.
Write us: 872 Washington Street, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10014
The requests above will be considered and responded to in the time-period required by applicable law. Note, certain Information may be exempt from such requests. We may require additional information from you to confirm your identity in responding to such requests. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authorities applicable to you and your situation, although we invite you to contact us with any concern as we would be happy to try and resolve it directly at the contact information noted above.