Little Island's landscape architect Signe Nielsen, founding principal of MNLA, narrates this 40-minute audio tour of Little Island. Learn about the visionary design and thought process behind every plant, leaf, and rock placement in our 2.4 acre oasis.
Signe's audio tour takes you behind each bend and curve of Little Island's landscape, illuminating the planting principles and collaborative process behind the park's design. Start the tour at the Esplanade before entering the park, and enjoy the journey!
To download this audio tour in individual tracks, click here.
On our downloadable tour, each track starts at the corresponding number on the map.
- 0:00 - Introduction from Esplanade
- 5:04 - Orientation from Main Lawn
- 10:17 - Northwest Quadrant
- 17:07 - Southwest Quadrant
- 25:48 - Northeast Quadrant
- 30:04 - Southeast Quadrant
- 36:21 - Conclusion