Assistant Manager of Park Administration
Little Island seeks an Assistant Manager of Park Administration to join the team. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Assistant Manager of Park Administration works to ensure the Director has a strong foundation of administrative support and the department, including Horticulture, Maintenance, and Park Operations, has the information and administrative systems necessary to deliver a high level of excellence in the park. Responsibilities include but are not limited to supporting budget development and tracking, department-wide schedules and project tracking, hiring, and training systems, implementation and tracking of safety plans, utility and IT services, capital maintenance project support.
A successful Assistant Manager of Park Administration will be a strong project manager and systems-thinker who is excited to contribute to a new and evolving public park. Candidates with experience supporting a senior leader in managing budgets as well as creating and maintaining administrative systems are strongly encouraged to apply.
About the Role
- Salary Range: $70,000 – $72,000/year
- Job Type: Full-Time, Year-Round
- Employment Status: Exempt
- Schedule Expectations: Traditional office hours, with the flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed in the high summer season
- Projected Start Date: Early January 2024
- How to Apply: Click the ‘Apply Here’ button below to submit your application. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
What You’ll Do
- Provide hands-on administrative support to the Director of Operations, and by extension the Park Operations team, including scheduling Departmental meetings, presentation preparation, communication drafting, meeting follow-up, and technological or administrative support as needed
- Support the Director of Operations on the creation and tracking of the departmental budget, tracking, and managing spending to ensure proper reconciliation of expenses and alignment with approved budgeting plan
- Partner with Park Mangers to maintain departmental priorities and timelines, ensuring the communication of information to Park Operations staff and organization-wide as needed
- Provide creative and administrative support on departmental projects from ideation to execution, completing research and providing key updates and information to department managers and internal stakeholders
- Assist the Director of Operations on all communications and presentations to the Executive Director, Chief Operating Officer, executive team, and larger organization as needed
What You Bring
- 4+ years’ experience in an operations or administrative role
- Proven track record for designing and implementing administrative systems that are scalable, dynamic, and efficient
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills, especially with department managers
- Demonstrated experience managing projects and clearly relaying details to teams
- A genuine curiosity and respect for different work styles and skillsets, and the understanding of how to adjust accordingly
- Experience managing complex and long-term projects
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and ever-changing environment
- Passion for efficiency, organization, and detail
- A genuine interest and investment to contribute to our culture of camaraderie and excellence by collaborating and problem-solving cross-departmentally
- Passion for engaging with visitors and guests, ensuring they feel welcome and have the information they need in service to a memorable visitor experience
Benefits and Perks
- 15 days’ vacation, 7 sick days, up to 3 personal days
- Health Benefits: Medical, dental & vision care
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Basic Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to discounts at neighborhood businesses
Life at Little Island
- Park employees will spend time onsite at Little Island working in outdoor weather conditions, navigating the entire park multiple times a day, and interacting with park visitors to ensure operations are running effectively. Little Island is ADA compliant, and park employees are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for each other and our park’s visitors.
- Little Island’s Headquarters, located near the park, provides an open floor plan office, shared work areas and kitchen, a locker room, and rehearsal space. It is a dynamic and multi-use space where employees and artists can collaborate, connect, and unwind in between shifts, meetings, and events.
- Little Island has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for all employees unless a reasonable accommodation is approved, which includes the booster dose if eligible. Potential employees will be given the opportunity to provide proof of up-to-date vaccination or request a reasonable accommodation at the start of employment.
- Little Island is a proud equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, familial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. In short, you are welcome here no matter who you are, where you come from, or what you look like. Our park is for everyone, and so is our workplace.