Visitor Experience Associate
About the Role
Little Island seeks an outgoing and energetic Visitor Experience Associate to join the Visitor Experience team. This team fosters and maintains a welcoming, safe and positive atmosphere within the park. The ideal candidate will have experience working for a public space, performance venue or arts institution in an audience or visitor-facing role such as box office or house management. This role is full-time and provides integral support to the Visitor Experience Manager, as well as serves as an additional in-park supervisor.
- Drive administrative support for the Visitor Experience team. Responsibilities include:
- Tracking, managing and supporting an evolving calendar of events and activities, liaise with other departments as needed
- Tracking expenses for Visitor Experience Department and individual projects
- Coordinating meetings, special projects, and events
- Updating the Visitor Experience team’s daily checklist of assignments, activities and events
- Work closely with Visitor Experience Manager to support the design and implementation of hiring and staff training for the part-time Visitor Experience team
- Collaborate with Visitor Experience Manager to develop and train usher staff on operational and safety protocols that will allow staff to effectively and safely interact with visitors during Little Island’s ticketed/non-ticketed events and programs
- Partner with Communications Manager and Hospitality Manager to track and administer all ticket sales, distributions and allocations in Spektrix to uphold Little Island’s ticketing policies and commitment to access
- Liaise with Little Island stakeholders to ensure events and programming are properly staffed and the needs of artists and visitors are being met
- Act as an additional onsite park supervisor, interacting with park visitors and communicating with all appropriate parties regarding new or changing conditions in the park
- Create and maintain system to collect, record, and archive all incident reports for Little Island
- Support Visitor Experience Manager with tracking employee attendance, payroll, and administering performance reviews as needed
- Serve as hospitality and problem resolution point person in the park, along with other Park Operations & Visitor Experience management
- Serve as a key part of Little Island’s safety team in case of emergency or incident response
- Collaborate closely with the Visitor Experience Manager on additional projects, as assigned
What You Bring
- Experience working as an usher, box office, house manager, or visitor-facing employee at a park, theater, or other cultural institution
- Experience implementing administrative systems, with a dedication to the details
- Experience developing a diverse team of part-time employees
- An enthusiasm for public space
- Valid NY-State Driver’s License, preferred
- Availability to work nights, weekends and holidays regularly
- Eligibility to work in the US
- Availability to start Monday, September 28th
What to Expect
- Little Island will be open year-round, from 6am-1am daily.
- Little Island has 3 distinct performances spaces hosting a wide variety of artistic programs throughout the season including a 700-seat amphitheater
- Park employees may be asked to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Park employees will spend time onsite at Little Island, navigating the entire park and interacting with park visitors to ensure operations are running effectively. Little Island is ADA compliant, and park employees are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for each other and our park’s visitors.
- Little Island’s Headquarters, located near the park, provides an open floor plan office, shared work areas and kitchen, a locker room, rehearsal space, and storage for the park. It is a dynamic and multi-use space where employees and artists can collaborate, connect, and unwind in between shifts, meetings and events.
- Competitive salary (commensurate with experience)
- 10 days vacation, 7 sick, 3 personal days
- Medical, dental & vision care
- Contribution into a 401(k) retirement plan
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Basic Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability
How to Apply
Submit your application through Submittable via the button below. Please note that you will have to make a Submittable account. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Little Island is a proud equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, familial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.