Ticketing Coordinator (Temporary)
About the Role
Little Island is in search of a seasonal Ticketing Coordinator to drive Little Island’s box office and ticketing initiatives during its inaugural season. The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter with 1-3 years’ experience working in the box office or sales/ticketing department of a theater, museum, or other cultural institution. They should be personable, proactive, and excited about working for a public park with live programming.
This position reports to the Director of External Relations and will begin ASAP through the end of September.
- Implement the execution of Little Island’s free ticket distribution program, ensuring our mission of providing access to all New Yorkers is achieved through its ticketing initiatives
- Uphold systems to ensure excellent communication, accurate ticket allocation, and strategic distribution plans for visitors, employees, artists, and other stakeholders
- Issue discount codes, daily ticketing reports, and the ongoing coordination of ticket release, transfers and reassignments to community partners and other stakeholders
- Partner closely with the Engagement and Education department to ensure community partners have access to Little Island’s events and programs
- Provide support over the phone and via email to Little Island’s visitors regarding programs and ticketing, including processing of sales as needed
- Communicate with visitors, partners, artists, and employees in a timely and hospitable manner
- Maintain Little Island’s ticketing systems, internal reporting, and historical records
- Support the Finance Manager and Director of External Relations with the reconciling and reporting of all ticketing systems and sales at Little Island
- Manage Little Island’s TDF relationship, communicating all programming and allotment information with accuracy and detail
- Other duties in the External Relations department as assigned
What You Bring
- 1-3 years’ experience working in a box office or another relevant customer service position
- Solid understanding of ticket sales and knowledge of a computerized ticketing system.
- Experience using Spektrix and/or Tessitura preferred
- Strong communication skills with a passion for building and maintaining meaningful relationships
- Ability to independently understand and respond to visitor and partner needs
- Hardworking, energetic, self-motivated, and dedicated to the details
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Eligibility to work in the US
- Availability to work a Wednesday-Sunday schedule from 1-9pm. Role is required to be onsite at Little Island
- Availability to start ASAP
What to Expect
- Little Island will be open year-round, from 6am-1am daily.
- Little Island has 3 distinct performances spaces hosting a wide variety of artistic programs throughout the season including a 700-seat amphitheater.
- Park employees may be asked to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Park employees will spend time onsite at Little Island, navigating the entire park and interacting with park visitors to ensure operations are running effectively. Little Island is ADA compliant, and park employees are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for each other and our park’s visitors.
- Little Island’s Headquarters, located near the park, provides an open floor plan office, shared work areas and kitchen, a locker room, rehearsal space, and storage for the park. It is a dynamic and multi-use space where employees and artists can collaborate, connect, and unwind in between shifts, meetings, and events.
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- Eligible for accrued sick time
- Eligible for holiday and overtime pay
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to corporate discounts and complimentary tickets for performances at Little Island
- Citi Bike for Business Discounts
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Little Island is a proud equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, familial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.