About the Role
Little Island is home to three unique outdoor spaces for social gathering and live performance. We seek Stagehands to join the Artistic Programming Department to install, operate, and maintain the audio, lighting, and scenic elements for a variety of multi-disciplinary events and performances. A successful Stagehand will be an adaptable team member with a passion for supporting artistic needs and strong problem-solving skills. They are hardworking, energetic, self-motivated, and prioritize safety and hospitality in their work. Candidates with experience in a variety of performance settings, including outdoor spaces, are encouraged to apply.
- Hourly Rate: $32.50 – $35.00/hour
- Job Type: Temporary
- Schedule Expectations:Stagehands will be scheduled to work evenings, weekends, and other flexible hours
- Projected Start Date: Week of April 25th, 2022
- Projected End Date: Week of October 3rd, 2022
- Employment duration: If employed in a seasonal or temporary position, candidates should note that they will need to reapply for any future positions and there is no presumption for rehire or reoccurring employment in subsequent seasons
- How to Apply: Please click the ‘Apply Here’ button below to submit your application via Submittable. Please note that you will have to make a Submittable account. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please let us know at email@example.com
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with the Audio and Lighting Supervisor, Production Manager, and other Artistic Programming personnel to ensure the successful execution of the technical needs for a variety of events.
- Prepare, load-in, maintain, and load-out audio and lighting equipment and scenic elements on a seasonal and event basis.
- Provide support for rehearsals and live performances in a variety of positions based on your skills and experience. We are looking for people with experience as A1, Production Electrician, A2, Monitor Engineer, Lighting Programmer, Electrician, Carpenter, and other related roles
- Participate in achieving Little Island artistic goals by providing consistent and high-quality production support to a wide range of events in three very distinct performance venues in the park.
- Other duties and tasks related to the park and its operations as assigned
What You Bring
- Relevant technical audio, lighting, carpentry, or rigging experience
- Experience in programming and operating audio (Yamaha CL series) or lighting (EOS family) consoles in a fast-paced, festival-style environment
- The ability to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs overhead for a sustained amount of time
- The ability to ascend/descend ladders and safely operate lifts
- Availability to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work in US
- A genuine interest and investment to contribute to our culture of camaraderie and excellence by collaborating and problem-solving cross-departmentally at Little Island
- Passion for engaging with visitors and guests of Little Island, ensuring they feel welcome and have the information they need in service to a memorable visitor experience
Benefits and Perks
- Eligible for accrued sick time
- Eligible for holiday and overtime pay
- Contribution into a 401(k)-retirement plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to free tickets at Little Island and local discounts at neighborhood businesses
Life at Little Island
Park employees will spend time onsite at Little Island working in outdoor weather conditions, navigating the entire park multiple times a day, and interacting with park visitors to ensure operations are running effectively. Little Island is ADA compliant, and park employees are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for each other and our park’s visitors.
Little Island’s Headquarters, located near the park, provides an open floor plan office, shared work areas and kitchen, a locker room, rehearsal space, and storage for the park. It is a dynamic and multi-use space where employees and artists can collaborate, connect, and unwind in between shifts, meetings, and events.
All park employees are expected to actively participate in our communal commitment to employee safety and health and all related employee policies. Based on guidance from global and local health authorities, Little Island has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for all employees, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Potential employees will be given the opportunity to provide proof of vaccination or request a reasonable accommodation at the start of employment.
Little Island is a proud equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, familial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. In short, you are welcome here no matter who you are, where you come from, or what you look like. Our park is for everyone, and so is our workplace.