Safety and COVID-19 Supervisor (Full-time, Seasonal)
About the Role
Little Island is opening its park to the public in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, and thus seeks a seasonal Safety and COVID-19 Supervisor to drive the administration of its COVID-19 policies, protocols, and communications for office staff, vendors, and park employees in its inaugural season. The successful candidate will have excellent project management skills, an empathetic approach to communicating with a variety of stakeholders, and knowledge or the willingness to learn the current protocols as outlined by the Department of Health and CDC. Candidates with experience in HR, company management, general management, or operations in a variety of fields (public space, arts and cultural institutions, education, food and beverage, etc.) are encouraged to apply.
This is a full-time seasonal position starting ASAP through October 2021 and reports to the Employee Experience Manager.
- Adhere to and implement Little Island’s COVID-19 policies and protocols for employees, vendors and artists working on-site and off-site as outlined by the CDC, Department of Health, New York State, and Little Island’s internal safety plans
- Manage all communications, administrative processes and protocols, and Little Island’s contact tracing system as it relates to COVID-19 and the general employee experience at Little Island
- Research and track updates of ongoing CDC and New York State guidance, driving adjustments to Little Island’s policies and systems as new information is provided
- Ensure HIPAA compliance and employee privacy are upheld while administering COVID-19 protocols, with guidance from the Employee Experience Manager
- Perform routine walk throughs of the park and performance spaces to assess and support compliance across departments and employee spaces
- Collaborate with Little Island staff members on ongoing employee training and education about COVID-19 safety
- Serve as an employee’s primary point of contact in the event of exposure or diagnosis
- Act as a resource to Little Island staff in regard to matters related to COVID-19
- Miscellaneous duties and projects, as assigned by the Employee Experience Manager or Executive Office
What You Bring
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and project management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel)
- Enthusiasm for public spaces and live events
- Hardworking, energetic, self-motivated, and dedicated to the details
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- High level of accountability and discretion
- Relevant certifications surrounding COVID-19 compliance training, mass gatherings, and risk assessment are preferred, but can also be provided by Little Island
- Experience in AirTable and Asana, a plus
- Ability to speak Spanish or another language, a plus
- Eligibility to work in the US
- Availability to start ASAP and work through October 2021
What to Expect
- Little Island will be open year-round, from 6am-1am daily.
- Little Island has 3 distinct performances spaces hosting a wide variety of artistic programs throughout the season including a 700-seat amphitheater
- Park employees will be asked to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Park employees will spend time onsite at Little Island, navigating the entire park and interacting with park visitors to ensure operations are running effectively. Little Island is ADA compliant, and park employees are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for each other and our park’s visitors.
- Little Island’s Headquarters, located near the park, provides an open floor plan office, shared work areas and kitchen, a locker room, rehearsal space, and storage for the park. It is a dynamic and multi-use space where employees and artists can collaborate, connect, and unwind in between shifts, meetings and events.
- Little Island is opening its park for all New Yorkers in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic. All park employees are expected to actively participate in our communal commitment to employee safety and health and all related employee policies, which are reinforced with our current employees often and will be shared throughout the interview process.
- Competitive salary
- Eligible for accrued sick leave
- Medical, dental & vision care (after a 30-day introductory period)
- Contribution into a 401(k)-retirement plan (after a 30-day introductory period
- Commuter benefits (after a 30-day introductory period
- Flexible spending accounts (after a 30-day introductory period)
- Basic Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability (after a 30-day introductory period)
- Employee Assistance Program
Little Island is a proud equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, familial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.