Production Coordinator (Seasonal)
About the Role
Little Island’s team of Seasonal Production Coordinators will be integral members of Little Island’s programming staff. An ideal candidate will have experience engaging with multi-disciplinary arts programming as well a proven track record of successful collaboration with a variety of artists, artistic and production staffs. All Production Coordinators will work closely with the Line Producer to ensure all day-of activities are executed excellently while managing time effectively and upholding Little Island’s standard of hospitality.
Applications for Production Coordinators will be accepted on a rolling basis, with interviews beginning in February 2021 and continuing throughout the Spring. Selected Production Coordinators will begin working in June 2021 as assigned.
- Collaborate with all teams onsite to ensure events run on schedule.
- Provide a high level of hospitality and care to our artists, from community and youth-based organizations to established artists.
- In conjunction with the Line Producer, liaise between our artists, visitor services staff and technical staff.
- Assist with the load in, performance support, and load out in collaboration with Line Producer and Technical staff
- Ensure hospitality and production elements requested in production advance are provided to presenting artists in collaboration with Line Producer and technical staff.
- Enforce and protect the integrity of the venue and the guidelines within Little Island Performance spaces
- Represent and support Little Island’s safety protocols with artists, including but not limited to processes and protocols as they pertain to COVID-19
- Work closely with Line Producer on the day of the event to ensure that disseminated project information is clear and act as a resource when strategizing around logistical problems
- An ideal candidate will have a passion for customer service and hospitality
- Excellent communication skills are essential
- Patience, adaptability and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations is essential
- Additional skills include the ability to multi-task and problem solve in the moment
What You Bring
- Previous experience in stage management, company management, or related experience directly working with artists and production crews in a variety of disciplines
- A passion for hospitality and providing public artistic experiences
- Hardworking, energetic, self-motivated, and dedicated to the details
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Comfortable working independently and with a team outside in a park-setting
- Availability to work evenings and weekends
- Eligibility to work in the US
- Availability to work 30+ hours a week June 2021 through the end of September 2021
What to Expect
- Little Island will be open year-round, from 6am-1am daily.
- Little Island has 3 distinct performances spaces hosting a wide variety of artistic programs throughout the season including a 700-seat amphitheater
- Park employees will work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Park employees will spend time onsite at Little Island, navigating the entire park and interacting with park visitors to ensure operations are running effectively. Little Island is ADA compliant, and park employees are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for each other and our park’s visitors.
- Little Island’s Headquarters, located near the park, provides an open floor plan office, shared work areas and kitchen, a locker room, rehearsal space, and storage for the park. It is a dynamic and multi-use space where employees and artists can collaborate, connect, and unwind in between shifts, meetings and events.
- Little Island is opening its park for all New Yorkers in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic. All park employees are expected to actively participate in our communal commitment to employee safety and health and all related employee policies, which are reinforced with our current employees often and will be shared throughout the interview process.
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- Eligible for accrued sick time
- Eligible for holiday and overtime pay
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to corporate discounts and complimentary tickets for performances at Little Island
Little Island is a proud equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, familial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.