Office Operations Assistant (Full-Time, Year-Round)
About the Role
Little Island seeks an organized, welcoming and self-motivated Office Operations Assistant to support the reception and operations of Little Island’s Headquarters. Little Island’s Headquarters is a multi-purpose working space that includes administrative offices, a locker room, a rehearsal room, kitchen areas, storage, and common staff areas. This position will be the first line of communication for all Headquarters’ visitors, stakeholders and general inquiries, as well as provide some administrative support to members of the Operations department. This role is full-time, year-round, and reports to the Office Operations Associate.
- Welcome and greet visitors, answer questions, and direct guests to appropriate spaces and people with a sense of hospitality
- Answer phones, address or redirect inquiries from guests via phone or the organization’s general inquiry inbox, and relay messages to staff in a timely manner
- Collaborate with the Office Operations Associate to communicate office policies, procedures, and systems for both Little Island staff and building-wide stakeholders. Duties may include:
- Supporting the organization and distribution of equipment and supplies such as keys, employee identification, and uniforms
- Updating common area announcement boards with resources and updates
- Supporting safety-related protocols within the building
- Ensure communal office space, meeting rooms, studios, locker room and pantry remain tidy, free of clutter, welcoming, and fully-stocked for all staff and visitors throughout the day
- Support staff members and guests with basic tech support, including wi-fi access, conference room technology support, and basic troubleshooting as needed
- Organize and distribute incoming and outgoing mail, packages, deliveries, and re-order supplies for headquarters and administrative spaces in the park
- Assist the Employee Experience Manager and the Little Island Recruitment team on the coordination of onsite interviews, meetings and trainings
- Other duties, as assigned
What You Bring
- An interest in providing hospitality services and administrative support within a multi-purpose office space
- Hardworking, energetic, self-motivated, and dedicated to the details
- The willingness to support a dynamic organization, and the capability to prioritize and and multi-task
- Strong communication skills and ability to convey the mission and goals of the park to stakeholders and the public
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite and quick to learn new software tools; familiarity with Asana, Slack, AirTable, and Zoom a plus
- Bi-lingual or multi-lingual a plus
- Eligibility to work in the US
- Availability to start ASAP (Please note that this role will require the employee to be onsite in 2020 Monday-Friday, and the work schedule may shift to include 1 or 2 weekend days in Spring 2021)
What to Expect
- Little Island will be open year-round, from 6am-1am daily.
- Little Island has 3 distinct performances spaces hosting a wide variety of artistic programs throughout the season including a 700-seat amphitheater
- Park employees may be asked to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Park employees will spend time onsite at Little Island, navigating the entire park and interacting with park visitors to ensure operations are running effectively. Little Island is ADA compliant, and park employees are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for each other and our park’s visitors.
- Little Island’s Headquarters, located near the park, provides an open floor plan office, shared work areas and kitchen, a locker room, rehearsal space, and storage for the park. It is a dynamic and multi-use space where employees and artists can collaborate, connect, and unwind in between shifts, meetings and events.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 10 days vacation, 7 sick, 3 personal days
- Medical, dental & vision care
- Contribution into a 401(k) retirement plan
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Basic Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability
How to Apply
Submit your application via the ‘Apply Here’ button below, through Submittable. Please note that you will have to make a Submittable account. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please let us know at email@example.com
Little Island is a proud equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, familial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.