Maintenance Technician (Full-time, year-round)
About the Role
Little Island’s Maintenance Technician will work collaboratively with the operations team to maintain a safe and welcoming park for all, by performing preventive and reactive maintenance tasks and for park fixtures, equipment, and the mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and irrigation systems. This position is full-time, year-round, and reports to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Perform preventive and reactive maintenance tasks, as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Follow through on daily work orders, document progress via regular reporting in an online work order system, and complete tasks in an efficient and timely manner.
- Supervise and coordinate with outside contracted specialists as needed.
- Participate in seasonal maintenance activities including:
- water start-up and winterization,
- support with snow removal using a snow shovel or electric snow broom or snowplow.
- Provide support for event and production set-up and break-down, including furniture set-up and break-down, running power cords, and connecting hoses for water access.
- Collaborate with co-workers to maintain a proper inventory of maintenance related supplies, materials, and equipment, using an online workorder system.
- Demonstrate a commitment to hospitality by providing positive customer service to park visitors when answering questions and conveying park information.
- Perform other duties as required in the scope of the job and as designated by the Park Operations Manager, Maintenance Supervisor, or Head of Horticulture.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge and understanding of mechanical, electric, and plumbing systems. Experience in carpentry is a plus.
- Ability to use basic computer programs such as internet browsers, e-mail applications, and online work order system.
- Exhibit a passion for collaborating cross-departmentally to ensure a safe and welcoming experience for visitors that encourages camaraderie and connection.
What You Bring
- Ability to work and communicate with a diverse field-based facilities team
- Availability to work a Sunday-Thursday or Tuesday-Saturday work schedule, with the willingness to work evenings and holidays as needed
- Comfortable working independently and with a team outside in a park setting
- Hardworking and energetic self-starting attitude; dedication to the details
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Experience prioritizing safety and an excellent standard of care
- Enthusiasm for public space, experience working in a public or outdoor space a plus
- Ability to transport park equipment weighing up to 50 lbs, as well as set-up and breakdown materials and equipment into various positions within the park and our storage facilities
- Possession of OSHA 10 or 30, Fall/Arrest training, or other relevant certifications a plus
- Eligibility to work in the US
- Availability to begin work January 4th, 2021
What to Expect
- Little Island will be open year-round, from 6am-1am daily.
- Little Island has 3 distinct performance spaces hosting a wide variety of artistic programs throughout the season including a 700-seat amphitheater.
- Park employees will spend time onsite at Little Island working in outdoor weather conditions, navigating the entire park and interacting with park visitors to ensure operations are running effectively. Little Island is ADA compliant, and park employees are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for each other and our park’s visitors.
- Little Island’s Headquarters, located near the park, provides an open floor plan office, shared work areas and kitchen, a locker room, rehearsal space, and storage for the park. It is a dynamic and multi-use space where employees and artists can collaborate, connect, and unwind in between shifts, meetings and events.
- Competitive hourly rate (commensurate with experience)
- 10 vacation days, 7 sick days, 3 personal days
- Medical, dental & vision care
- Contribution into a 401(k) retirement plan
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Basic Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability
How to Apply
Submit your application via the ‘Apply Here’ button below, through Submittable. Please note that you will have to make a Submittable account. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Little Island is a proud equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, familial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.