Little Island Internship Program
About the Role
The Little Island Internship Program is designed to grow and develop on-the-job skills for college students ages 18-24 who are curious about the five following areas: Leadership, Collaboration, Financial Capability, Public Art, and Public Space. Interns will receive hands-on professional development through virtual workshops in these five key areas, monthly meetups with Little Island Staff, and by performing administrative tasks outlined by their supervisor. We are hiring two interns for the Spring of 2021, which is a 10-week program beginning Monday, February 8th, 2021.
- Attend all scheduled work hours and departmental meetings
- Complete ongoing project tasks as assigned
- Learn how to use the software and tools necessary to complete project tasks
- Collaborate with fellow interns on a cohort-specific project that is assigned at the beginning of the program
- Create and uphold deadlines for all projects and tasks
- Attend all scheduled workshops
- Promptly communicate any conflicts with the Engagement and Education Program Manager
What You Bring
- A desire to learn and develop skills in the program’s core areas of focus: Leadership, Collaboration, Financial Capability, Public Art, and Public Space
- The availability to work remotely Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:00pm-5:00pm
- The ability to work remotely with internet access
- A passion for public space and supporting local communities
- In order to be eligible for this program, candidates must be age 18-24, currently enrolled or about to be enrolled in a CUNY School, and eligible to work in the U.S.
What to Expect
- 10 hours of work per week from February 8th 2021 – April 16th 2021
- Compensation of $15/hour
- Interactive online professional development in the five key areas listed above, let by Little Island’s Engagement and Education department
- Monthly visits to the park and Little Island’s Headquarters (in-person or socially distanced, to be confirmed)
Upcoming Intern Event
The Little Island Education and Engagement team will be hosting an online interactive information session on October 28th 6:00pm-7:30pm ET. If you would like to learn more about the program before applying, please register for the event here.
Little Island is a proud equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, familial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.