Line Producer (Full Time, Seasonal)
About the Role
Little Island is home to three unique outdoor spaces for social gathering and live performance. We seek a seasonal Line Producer with experience producing multi-disciplinary arts programs to join the Artistic Programming department in March 2021 for our inaugural season. The Line Producer will work with the Producer to execute Little Island’s season and specific artistic events as assigned.
The Line Producer collaborates with multiple roles and departments, ultimately ensuring that all events are successful, artists have the resources they need, and that productions are delivered on time and within the allotted budget. An ideal candidate will be an adaptable team member with experience working closely with a wide variety of artists. Candidates with experience working in an outdoor performance venue are strongly encouraged to apply. The position is a full-time seasonal role and reports to the Producer.
- The Line Producer will manage logistics for core artistic programming and events at Little Island by:
- Ensuring all production elements are coordinated in response to technical riders and contracts
- Managing all associated schedules, rehearsals and events within the allotted budget
- Serving as company manager for assigned productions and artists
- Representing Little Island to ensure artists and programs are aligned with Little Island’s marketing and communications strategy, operational protocols and policies, mission and values, etc.
- Serve as direct liaison between artists and internal departments, including but not limited to Production, Finance, External Relations, Visitor Experience and Engagement and Education
- In collaboration with Programming staff, ensure that all post-agreement negotiations, financial paperwork, contracts, technical, and hospitality elements are communicated clearly and executed in a timely manner to artists
- Communicate regularly with Producer and Production Manager to provide regular updates on production advance, flagging any key issues and proactively problem solving before challenges arise.
- Supervise all rehearsals, load in, technical rehearsals, performances and load out related to assigned productions.
- Coordinate onsite communication between artists, visitor experience staff, and technical staff before, during, and after performances.
- Supervise onsite Production Coordinator.
What You Bring:
- 3-5 years’ experience working with artists of all disciplines as a producer and/or company manager.
- A keen attention to detail and a passion for customer service and hospitality.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills, and a track record of strong leadership.
- The ability to multi-task, handle several large projects at once and pro-actively problem solve.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel and Outlook.
- The flexibility to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Availability to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends.
- Eligibility to work in the US.
- Availability to work March 15, 2021- August 29, 2021
What to Expect
- Little Island will be open year-round, from 6am-1am daily.
- Little Island has 3 distinct performances spaces hosting a wide variety of artistic programs throughout the season including a 700-seat amphitheater.
- Park employees may be asked to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Park employees will spend time onsite at Little Island working in outdoor weather conditions, navigating the entire park and interacting with park visitors to ensure operations are running effectively. Little Island is ADA compliant, and park employees are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for each other and our park’s visitors.
- Little Island’s Headquarters, located near the park, provides an open floor plan office, shared work areas and kitchen, a locker room, rehearsal space, and storage for the park. It is a dynamic and multi-use space where employees and artists can collaborate, connect, and unwind in between shifts, meetings and events.
- Competitive salary (commensurate with experience)
- Medical, dental & vision care (after a 30-day trial period)
- Eligible for accrued sick leave and holiday pay
- Contribution into a 401(k) retirement plan
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Basic Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability
How to apply
Submit your application via Submittable through the button below. Please note that you will have to make a Submittable account. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please let us know at email@example.com
Little Island is a proud equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, familial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.