About the Role
Little Island is home to three unique outdoor spaces for social gathering and live performance. We seek a seasonal Line Producer with experience producing multi-disciplinary arts programs to join the Artistic Programming department for the artistic season. The Line Producer will work with the Producer, Assistant Producer and production team to execute specific artistic events as assigned. They collaborate across multiple departments to ensure that all events are successful, artists have the resources they need, and that productions are delivered on time and within the allotted budget. A successful Line Producer would be an adaptable team member with a keen attention to detail, strong administrative skills, and experience working across multiple artistic disciplines. Candidates with experience working in an outdoor performance venue are strongly encouraged to apply. This role reports directly to the Producer.
- Weekly Rate: $1,400/week
- Job Type: Full-Time, Seasonal
- Schedule Expectations:The Line Producer will mostly be scheduled to work evenings and weekends and flexible availability in schedule is preferred
- Projected Start Date: Monday, February 7th 2022
- Projected End Date: Friday, October 28th 2022
- Employment duration: If employed in a seasonal or temporary position, candidates should note that they will need to reapply for any future positions and there is no presumption for rehire or reoccurring employment in subsequent seasons
- How to Apply: Click the ‘Apply Here’ button below to submit your application via Submittable. Please note that you will have to make a Submittable account. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What You’ll Do
- Manage logistics for core artistic programming and events at Little Island, including managing all associated schedules, ensuring that all rehearsals and events are executed within the allotted budget
- In collaboration with Programming staff, ensure that all agreement negotiations, financial paperwork, contracts, technical riders, and hospitality elements are communicated clearly and executed in a timely manner to artists
- Serve as direct liaison between artists and internal and external stakeholders before, during, and after performances
- Serve as critical creative partner, interfacing between artists and the Programming team to establish trust, communication and to ensure live presentations are delivered with a high standard of care and artistic quality
- Communicate with Producer and Production Manager to provide regular updates on production advance, flagging any key issues and proactively problem solving before challenges arise
- Represent Little Island to ensure artists and their programs reflect and are in alignment with Little Island’s marketing and communications strategy, operational protocols and policies, mission and values
- Serve as key artistic representative on site for all events associated with assigned projects, including rehearsals, technical rehearsals and performances
- Other duties and tasks related to the park and its operations as assigned
What You Bring
- 3-5 years’ experience working with artists of all disciplines as a producer, company manager or other relevant role.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel and Outlook.
- Availability to work evenings and weekends and a flexible schedule
- Ability to work in US
- A genuine interest and investment to contribute to our culture of camaraderie and excellence by collaborating and problem-solving cross-departmentally at Little Island
- Passion for engaging with visitors and guests of Little Island, ensuring they feel welcome and have the information they need in service to a memorable visitor experience
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, dental & vision care; Flexible spending accounts; Basic Life Insurance; Short & Long-Term Disability; Commuter Benefits (after an introductory period, assuming employees are employed for the duration described in this posting)
- Eligible for accrued sick leave and holiday pay
- Contribution into a 401(k)-retirement plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to free tickets at Little Island and local discounts at neighborhood businesses
Life at Little Island
Park employees will spend time onsite at Little Island working in outdoor weather conditions, navigating the entire park multiple times a day, and interacting with park visitors to ensure operations are running effectively. Little Island is ADA compliant, and park employees are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for each other and our park’s visitors.
Little Island’s Headquarters, located near the park, provides an open floor plan office, shared work areas and kitchen, a locker room, rehearsal space, and storage for the park. It is a dynamic and multi-use space where employees and artists can collaborate, connect, and unwind in between shifts, meetings, and events.
All park employees are expected to actively participate in our communal commitment to employee safety and health and all related employee policies. Based on guidance from global and local health authorities, Little Island has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for all employees, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Potential employees will be given the opportunity to provide proof of vaccination or request a reasonable accommodation at the start of employment.
Little Island is a proud equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, familial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. In short, you are welcome here no matter who you are, where you come from, or what you look like. Our park is for everyone, and so is our workplace.