Interested in working on our stages?
About the Role
Little Island is home to three unique outdoor spaces for social gathering and live performance. We seek experienced Seasonal Stage Technicians and Production Coordinators to join the Artistic Programming Department and support a variety of multi-disciplinary events and performances.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis throughout the season.
Work closely with the Audio and Lighting Supervisor, Production Management and other Artistic Programming personnel to ensure the successful execution of the technical needs for a variety of events by:
- Installing, operating, and maintaining the audio, lighting, and scenic elements for a variety of multi-disciplinary events and performances.
- Providing support for rehearsals and live performances in a variety of positions based on your skills and experience. We are looking for people with experience as A1, Production Electrician, A2, Monitor Engineer, Lighting Programmer, Electrician, Carpenter, and other related roles.
- Supporting with the preparation, load-in, maintenance, and load-out of audio and lighting equipment and scenic elements on a seasonal and event basis.
- Having the ability to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs overhead for a sustained amount of time, as well as the ability to ascend/descend ladders and safely operate lifts.
Work closely with the Line Producer to ensure all day-of activities are executed excellently by:
- Collaborating with all teams onsite to ensure events run on schedule.
- Providing a high level of hospitality and care to our artists, from community and youth-based organizations to established artists.
- Assisting with the load in, performance support, and load out in collaboration with Line Producer and Technical staff
- Enforcing and protecting the integrity of the venue and the guidelines within Little Island Performance spaces
- Representing and support Little Island’s safety protocols with artists, including but not limited to processes and protocols as they pertain to COVID-19
What You Bring
- A passion for hospitality as you interact with the public and collaborate with a wide array of visiting artists
- The ability to multi-task and problem solve in the moment
- Patience, adaptability, and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Comfortable working independently and with a team outdoors in a public setting
- Availability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- Eligible for accrued sick time
- Eligible for holiday and overtime pay
- Employee Assistance Program
- Eligible for neighborhood discounts, tickets to performances, and Little Island’s Citi Bike for Business program
What to Expect
- Little Island will be open year-round, from 6 am - 1 am daily.
- Little Island has 3 distinct performances spaces hosting a wide variety of artistic programs throughout the season including a 700-seat amphitheater
- Park employees will work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Park employees will spend time onsite at Little Island, navigating the entire park and interacting with park visitors to ensure operations are running effectively. Little Island is ADA compliant, and park employees are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for each other and our park’s visitors.
- Little Island’s Headquarters, located near the park, provides an open floor plan office, shared work areas and kitchen, a locker room, rehearsal space, and storage for the park. It is a dynamic and multi-use space where employees and artists can collaborate, connect, and unwind in between shifts, meetings, and events.
- Little Island is opening its park for all New Yorkers in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic. All park employees are expected to actively participate in our communal commitment to employee safety and health and all related employee policies, which are reinforced with our current employees often and will be shared throughout the interview process.
How to Apply
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name of the role you are applying for in the email subject. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please let us know at email@example.com
Little Island is a proud equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, familial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.