Finance Bookkeeper (Full-Time, Year Round)
About the Role
Little Island seeks a Finance Bookkeeper to join the organization. The ideal candidate will demonstrate good judgment, has the ability and curiosity to learn new skills and has experience supporting the bookkeeping and payroll processes for a non-profit. The Finance Bookkeeper should be efficient, extremely detail-oriented, and excited about working for a dynamic public space and collaborating with a variety of stakeholders. This role is full-time year-round and reports directly to the Assistant Manager of Finance.
- In partnership with the Assistant Manager of Finance, process payroll for all full-time and part-time employees in a timely and accurate manner.
- Perform bookkeeping tasks across the organization, including tracking the organization’s food and beverage, ticketing sales, and other future revenue
- Complete timely organization-wide expense reconciliations including credit card, employee reimbursement, and office petty cash
- Assist with the organization’s internal monthly close process
- Assist the Assistant Manager of Finance with the weekly accounts payable process, including tasks such as organizing and processing invoices, compiling check packages, and handling files with discretion
- Provide support during the annual audit
- Maintain all financial documentation and record keeping
- Miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned
What You Bring
- 1-3 years of experience in processing payroll. Experience as a non-profit bookkeeper preferred.
- Solid understanding of GAAP compliance, accounts payable principles, and general math
- Hardworking, energetic, self-motivated, and dedicated to the details
- Ability to recognize and make suggestions for process improvements
- A spirit of hospitality when collaborating with and supporting employees on behalf of the Finance department
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) and some experience using proprietary accounting software
- High level of accountability and discretion
- Knowledge of Sage Intacct, a plus
- Eligibility to work in the US
What to Expect
- Little Island has 3 distinct outdoor spaces hosting a wide variety of artistic programs throughout the season including a 700-seat amphitheater.
- Park employees may be asked to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Park employees will spend time onsite at Little Island working in outdoor weather conditions, navigating the entire park, and interacting with park visitors to ensure operations are running effectively. Little Island is ADA compliant, and park employees are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for each other and our park’s visitors.
- Little Island’s Headquarters, located near the park, provides an open floor plan office, shared work areas and kitchen, a locker room, rehearsal space, and storage for the park. It is a dynamic and multi-use space where employees and artists can collaborate, connect, and unwind in between shifts, meetings, and events.
- Little Island is a park open for all New Yorkers in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic. All park employees are expected to actively participate in our communal commitment to employee safety and health and all related employee policies, which are reinforced with our current employees often and will be shared throughout the interview process.
- In accordance with Little Island's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we have adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families; our visitors; and the community at large during the pandemic. This policy is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities and should be interpreted in alignment with applicable law. All Little Island employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as determined by the CDC, by November 15, 2021, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Potential employees will be given the opportunity to provide proof of vaccination or request a reasonable accommodation at the onset of employment.
- Competitive salary (commensurate with experience)
- 10 days vacation, 7 sick, 3 personal days
- Medical, dental & vision care
- Eligible for accrued sick leave and holiday pay
- Contribution into a 401(k) retirement plan
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Basic Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability
How to apply
Click the “Apply Here” button below to submit your application via Submittable. Please note that you will have to make a Submittable account. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Little Island is a proud equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, familial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.