Finance Assistant (Part-Time Seasonal)
About the Role
Little Island is in search of someone to support the Finance department during its inaugural season. The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter with 1-3 years’ experience working in a finance-focused position. They should be efficient, extremely detail-oriented and excited about working in a non-profit, start-up environment. This position reports to the Finance Associate. They will be expected to work approximately 20 hrs/week beginning February 2021, with the opportunity for hours to increase up to 40 hours/week during Little Island’s high season, June – September.
- Assist the Finance Associate in bookkeeping across the organization
- Assist in organization-wide expense reconciliations, including check requests, credit card, employee reimbursement and office petty cash
- Assist with the internal month closing process
- Assist with annual audit as needed
- Support the Finance Associate with the collection and processing of bi-weekly payroll, including managing direct communication with employees
- Maintain historical records and filing documents
- Other projects as needed
What You Bring
- 1-3 years’ experience as a non-profit bookkeeper
- Solid understanding of GAAP compliance, accounts payable principles,
and general math
- Hardworking, energetic, self-motivated, highly organized and dedicated to the details
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Expert-level skills in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) and some experience using proprietary accounting software
- High level of accountability and discretion
- Knowledge of Sage Intacct a plus
- Eligibility to work in the US
- Availability to start mid-February through the end of September. This position will work remotely and the need to work in-person in New York at our Headquarters will be revisited in March.
What to Expect
- Little Island will be open year-round, from 6am-1am daily.
- Little Island has 3 distinct performances spaces hosting a wide variety of artistic programs throughout the season including a 700-seat amphitheater.
- Park employees may be asked to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Park employees will spend time onsite at Little Island, navigating the entire park and interacting with park visitors to ensure operations are running effectively. Little Island is ADA compliant, and park employees are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for each other and our park’s visitors.
- Little Island’s Headquarters, located near the park, provides an open floor plan office, shared work areas and kitchen, a locker room, rehearsal space, and storage for the park. It is a dynamic and multi-use space where employees and artists can collaborate, connect, and unwind in between shifts, meetings and events.
- Competitive hourly rate
- Eligible for accrued sick leave (up to 7 days)
- Eligible for overtime and holiday pay
- Contribution into a 401(k) retirement plan
- Commuter benefits and employee discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
How to Apply
Submit your application materials via the ‘Apply Here’ button below, through Submittable. Please note that you will have to make a Submittable account. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please let us know at email@example.com.
Little Island is a proud equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, familial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.