COVID-19 Safety Associate (Seasonal)
About the Role
Little Island’s team of Seasonal COVID-19 Safety Associates will be responsible for overseeing on the ground COVID-19 safety and compliance during Little Island’s inaugural Season. The COVID-19 Safety Associate team will work closely with Safety & COVID-19 Supervisor to ensure all back of house and programming activities are executed safely. An ideal candidate will know how to balance people and policy and will enforce rules and regulations with compassion and empathy. Selected COVID-19 Safety Associates will begin working in June 2021 as assigned.
- Represent and enforce Little Island’s safety protocols with artists and staff as they pertain to COVID-19, including but not limited to the following daily tasks:
- Provide regular walk throughs of all back of house spaces to ensure that all personnel are remaining compliant with COVID-19 protocols, including monitoring and enforcing proper social distancing, mask-wearing, and equipment disinfecting
- Ensure that all back of house areas have proper social distancing and capacity signage, and that all artists and staff follow these directives
- Check that all disinfecting supplies (hand sanitizer, anti-bacterial wipes, etc.) are refilled, and monitor stock of COVID-19 PPE (gloves, face shields, masks)
- Support Little Island Custodial Staff with disinfecting back of house spaces, as needed
- Monitor Live Safe Health Check database and routinely cross check database with all on-site programming personnel
- Answer questions regarding COVID-19 protocols and create a safe and supportive environment for all personnel
- Follow all contact tracing procedures, in the event of an exposure or positive diagnosis, with guidance from the Safety & COVID-19 Supervisor, including creating a daily roster of all on-site park personnel
- Use discretion and ensure confidentiality when relaying any sensitive information to the Safety & COVID-19 Supervisor
- Excellent communication skills, patience, adaptability and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations is essential
- Additional skills include the ability to multi-task and problem solve in the moment
What You Bring
- Previous experience working with a variety of stakeholders such as staff, artists and the public preferred.Candidates with experience in stage management, company management, or event management are encouraged to apply
- Experience as a COVID-19 compliance officer or contact tracer in any industry a plus but not required. An education (or willingness to learn) about the transmission of COVID-19 and applicable prevention measures, and the ability to follow and enforce the evolving NY State and CDC COVID-19 Guidelines
- You are hardworking, energetic, self-motivated, and dedicated to the details
- You feel comfortable working in a fast-paced, start-up environment and onsite in a public space
- You feel comfortable working backstage in a theatrical environment
- Eligibility to work in the US
- Eagerness to work Saturday and Sunday shifts.Schedules will be available for the morning, afternoon, and evening
- Availability to work 25+ hours a week June, July, and September 2021, with an increase in hours for the month of August
What to Expect
- Little Island will be open year-round, from 6am-1am daily.
- Little Island has 3 distinct performances spaces hosting a wide variety of artistic and community programs throughout the season including a 700-seat amphitheater
- Park employees will work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Park employees will spend time onsite at Little Island, navigating the entire park and interacting with park visitors to ensure operations are running effectively. Little Island is ADA compliant, and park employees are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for each other and our park’s visitors.
- Little Island’s Headquarters, located near the park, provides an open floor plan office, shared work areas and kitchen, a locker room, rehearsal space, and storage for the park. It is a dynamic and multi-use space where employees and artists can collaborate, connect, and unwind in between shifts, meetings and events.
- Little Island is opening its park for all New Yorkers in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic.All park employees are expected to actively participate in our communal commitment to employee safety and health and all related employee policies, which are reinforced with our current employees often and will be shared throughout the interview process.
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- Eligible for accrued sick time
- Eligible for holiday and overtime pay
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to corporate discounts and complimentary tickets for performances at Little Island
How to Apply
Visit our website www.littleisland.org/employment to submit your application via Submittable. Please note that you will have to make a Submittable account. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Little Island is a proud equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, familial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.