Assistant Production Manager (Full Time, Year-Round)
About the Role
Little Island is home to three unique outdoor spaces for social gathering and live performance. We seek an Assistant Production Manager to join the Artistic Programming Department in service to the planning and execution of Little Island’s artistic season. The ideal candidate is a collaborative problem-solver with strong project management skills. Candidates with experience working in an outdoor performance venue as well as supporting a wide variety of artistic disciplines are strongly encouraged to apply. The position is a full-time year-round position and reports to the Production Manager.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to Production Manager and Audio & Lighting Supervisor to support the programming season
- Lead production purchasing and sourcing efforts by:
- Researching and comparing suppliers, goods, and services
- Monitoring and maintaining inventory levels
- Tracking and reconciling expenses
- Maintain season calendar and production schedule in Artifax in collaboration with other members of the Artistic Programming Department
- Assist Audio & Lighting Supervisor with the hiring and ongoing scheduling of production labor
- Work alongside the Production Manager and Audio & Lighting Supervisor to implement safety protocols and monitor compliance onsite
- Process and reconcile production payroll in conjunction with Audio & Lighting Supervisor during the programming season
- Serve as production representative for site visits, load-ins, work calls or performances as needed, including on nights and weekends
- Collaborate with Programming Coordinator and other Programming Department team members in the development and maintenance of programming department processes and procedures
- Participate in the daily operations of all performance spaces during programming, offering hands-on support during load-ins and load-outs, equipment operation, emergencies, and maintenance activities as needed
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
What You Bring:
- 3 or more years of production related administrative experience
- Excellent organizational skills with a dedication to the details
- Confidence working in scheduling and project management software; experience in Artifax a plus
- A commitment to collaborating cross-departmentally to ensure a holistic experience for visitors and guest artists in a way that encourages camaraderie and connection
- Adaptability and flexibility when responding to changing circumstances in the workplace
- Experience with working on or alongside a crew in a theatrical or outdoor setting
- Availability to work nights and weekends as scheduled during the programming season
- Eligibility to work in the US
- Availability to start January 2022
What to Expect
Little Island has 3 distinct outdoor spaces hosting a wide variety of artistic programs throughout the season including a 687-seat amphitheater.
Park employees may be asked to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Park employees will spend time onsite at Little Island working in outdoor weather conditions, navigating the entire park and interacting with park visitors to ensure operations are running effectively. Little Island is ADA compliant, and park employees are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for each other and our park’s visitors.
Little Island’s Headquarters, located near the park, provides an open floor plan office, shared work areas and kitchen, a locker room, rehearsal space, and storage for the park. It is a dynamic and multi-use space where employees and artists can collaborate, connect, and unwind in between shifts, meetings and events.
Little Island is a park open for all New Yorkers in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic.All park employees are expected to actively participate in our communal commitment to employee safety and health and all related employee policies, which are reinforced with our current employees often and will be shared throughout the interview process.
In accordance with Little Island's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we have adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families; our visitors; and the community at large during the pandemic. This policy is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities and should be interpreted in alignment with applicable law. All Little Island employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as determined by the CDC, by November 15, 2021, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Potential employees will be given the opportunity to provide proof of vaccination or request a reasonable accommodation at the onset of employment.
- Competitive salary (commensurate with experience)
- 10 days vacation, 7 sick, 3 personal days
- Medical, dental & vision care
- Contribution into a 401(k) retirement plan
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Basic Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability
How to Apply
Click the ‘Apply Here’ button below to submit your application via Submittable. Please note that you will have to make a Submittable account. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please let us know at email@example.com
Little Island is a proud equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, familial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.