Little Island seeks a Payroll Specialist to join the team. Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Payroll Specialist’s focus is to ensure that employees receive their pay accurately and on time, performing an essential function within the organization. This role handles all aspects of the payment process, from tracking employee’s time to issuing paychecks.
The ideal Payroll Specialist will work independently, but also within a Finance team and across departments to problem solve in their bookkeeping and payroll responsibilities the organization. They are efficient, extremely detail-oriented, and are excited about working for a dynamic public space and collaborating with a variety of stakeholders.
About the Role
- Salary Range: $70,000 – $75,000
- Job Type: Full-Time Year-Round
- Employment Status: Exempt · Schedule Expectations: Monday-Friday. Will be required to work some holidays when payroll schedule cannot be adjusted.
- Projected Start Date: March 25, 2024
- How to Apply: Click the ‘Apply Here’ button to submit your application. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
What You’ll Do
- Assist the Finance Manager in the preparation and execution of organization-wide payroll
- Provide clear communication and collaboration with all departments in payroll preparation and processing · Develop and maintain departmental payroll systems and strategies, holding the vision of the department and identifying and implementing improvements that work in service to this vision
- Collaborate with Human Resources to maintain employee payroll-related data and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws
- Audit and verify all time-keeping records of employees’ hours worked and any deductions or withholdings required to comply with state and federal regulations
- Complete weekly payroll reconciliations
- Assist in the development of time & attendance and payroll-related training guides and resources
- Handle employee feedback about incorrect payments and resolve discrepancies in collaboration with the Human Resources department
- Assist Finance Manager in month close processes
- Generate and report on monthly insurance and Music Rights in collaboration with the Artistic Programming department
- Provide support during the annual audit and other Finance related projects as needed
- Other duties and tasks related to the organization, and park and its operations as assigned
What You Bring
- 4+ years’ of experience in processing payroll, navigating complex payroll factors and various systems (Extensis, TimeClock Plus, Airtable, Tableau a plus)
- Experience as a non-profit bookkeeper a plus
- Computer literacy, including using Microsoft Office and spreadsheets
- Organizational skills, time-management expertise, and the ability to work to deadlines
- High level of reliability, accountability, and discretion
- A spirit of hospitality when collaborating, supporting employees, and problem-solving cross-departmentally on behalf of the Finance department
- Passion for engaging with visitors and guests, ensuring they feel welcome and have the information they need in service to a memorable visitor experience
- Comfort with prolonged periods of sitting at a desk
- Ability to work in U.S
Benefits and Perks
- 15 vacation days, 7 sick days, up to 3 personal days
- Health Benefits: Medical, dental & vision care
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Basic Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to discounts at neighborhood businesses
Life at Little Island
- Park employees will spend time onsite at Little Island working in outdoor weather conditions, navigating the entire park multiple times a day, and interacting with park visitors to ensure operations are running effectively. Little Island is ADA compliant, and park employees are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for each other and our park’s visitors.
- Little Island’s Headquarters, located near the park, provides an open floor plan office, shared work areas and kitchen, a locker room, and rehearsal space. It is a dynamic and multi-use space where employees and artists can collaborate, connect, and unwind in between shifts, meetings, and events.
- Little Island is a proud equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, familial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. In short, you are welcome here no matter who you are, where you come from, or what you look like. Our park is for everyone, and so is our workplace.