A successful Facilities Associate will be a strong systems-thinker who approaches their work with efficiency, attention to detail, and hospitality. They have a deep interest in data analytics, are committed to ensuring organization-wide systems related to the park are operating excellently and are excited to contribute to a continually evolving organization. This is a full-time year-round position.
About the Role
- Salary: $60,000/year
- Job Type: Full-Time, Year-Round
- Employment Status: Exempt
- Schedule Expectations: Weekdays, with the flexibility to work nights, holidays and weekends as required during the year
- Projected Start Date: Early January 2024
- How to Apply: Click the ‘Apply Here’ button below to submit your application. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please let us know at email@example.com
What You’ll Do
- Initiate and steward projects from ideation to completion ranging from vendor relationships to design/build of custom park fixtures and capital repairs, gathering input and communicating project impacts, timelines, and guidelines with key stakeholders
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to the Park Facilities Manager, including generating bi-weekly facilities report, creating project presentations, maintaining facilities and construction documents in Sharepoint, overseeing Artifax, departmental databases, and updating Real Time Service and Work Announcements Zoom channels
- Create, implement and maintain systems and processes for the Park Operations team to improve efficiency and operational excellence. Identify and make updates to systems and processes in response to changing demands and priorities, including staffing and training schedules, storage planning, work order and inventory tracking in Upkeep, and ordering and restocking processes
- Collaborate with Facilities Supervisor in managing maintenance work orders in Upkeep, including monitoring Park Operations Requests Zoom channel, inputting new tasks into Upkeep, and tracking and procuring facilities inventory and supplies
- Research environmental trends and problem solve for extreme weather conditions to develop new protocols in the maintenance of a beautiful and safe park
- Manage regular park door code updates and associated communication through appropriate Zoom chat channels
- Track and manage the distribution of parking placards and prepare monthly park access gate log report for Hudson River Park Trust
- Systematically look for efficiencies in the plan and communication for off-site storage (GAM Inventory Management) pick-ups and drop-offs
- Compile and analyze Operations data including quarterly safety data and weekly security camera screening reports and make recommendations to improve systems
- In conjunction with the Assistant Manager of Recruitment maintain organizational training tracker
- Support the Facilities Manager and Human Resources team with interviews and onboarding of Maintenance Technicians
- In partnership with the Park Facilities Manager and the Human Resources department, create and facilitate all onboarding processes and systems for the Facilities team
- Support the review and approval of time sheets and create and oversee a Paid Time Off (PTO) request process for facilities team
- Submit Operations invoices to Finance team ensuring accurate and timely reporting of expenses
- Collaborate with Business Affairs team to ensure IT resources in the park, including computers, the Weather Station, radios, and Gentech equipment are well maintained and functional
- Maintain employee information resources including but not limited to the park information hub and departmental newsletters, as well as updating Real Time Service and Work Announcements Zoom channels as needed
- Identify and execute special projects in collaboration with the Park Facilities Manager and Facilities Supervisor
- Support the departmental manager in building the park operating plan and annual budget
- Provide general administrative support to other departmental managers as needed and requested by the Director of Operations
- Other duties and tasks related to the park and its operations as assigned by the Park Facilities Manager
What You Bring
- 3-5 years’ experience in an operations or administrative role
- Passion for learning new things, tackling challenging problems head-on, and thriving in a dynamic, ever-changing environment.
- Ability to distill complex concepts and information to ensure information is simple and easy to understand for diverse stakeholders
- Zeal for efficiency, organization, and detail
- High aptitude and fast learner for computer-based systems: proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; familiarity with InDesign, scheduling software, or using a computerized work order system a plus
- Experience managing complex and long-term projects
- Proven track record for creating and maintaining systems and processes that are scalable, dynamic, and efficient
- Availability to work flexible hours, holidays, evenings and weekends
- Ability to transport or lift park tools, materials, and equipment weighing up to 20 lbs
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus
- Ability to work in U.S.
- A genuine interest and investment to contribute to our culture of camaraderie and excellence by collaborating and problem-solving cross departmentally onsite Little Island
- Passion for engaging with visitors and guests of Little Island, ensuring they feel welcome and have the information they need in service to a memorable visitor experienc
Benefits and Perks
- 15 days’ vacation, 7 sick days, up to 3 personal days
- Health Benefits: Medical, dental & vision care
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Basic Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to discounts at neighborhood businesses
Life at Little Island
- Park employees will spend time onsite at Little Island working in outdoor weather conditions, navigating the entire park multiple times a day, and interacting with park visitors to ensure operations are running effectively. Little Island is ADA compliant, and park employees are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for each other and our park’s visitors.
- Little Island’s Headquarters, located near the park, provides an open floor plan office, shared work areas and kitchen, a locker room, and rehearsal space. It is a dynamic and multi-use space where employees and artists can collaborate, connect, and unwind in between shifts, meetings, and events.
- Little Island has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for all employees unless a reasonable accommodation is approved, which includes the booster dose if eligible. Potential employees will be given the opportunity to provide proof of up-to-date vaccination or request a reasonable accommodation at the start of employment.
- Little Island is a proud equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, familial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. In short, you are welcome here no matter who you are, where you come from, or what you look like. Our park is for everyone, and so is our workplace.