The maintenance of Little Island is in the hands of its Custodial team. The ideal teammates are hardworking self-starters who appreciate the outdoors, enjoy welcoming people into a space, and care about the details. In addition to a beautiful park, Little Island’s facility includes performance spaces, public restrooms, indoor spaces, food stalls, and equipment.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
About the Role
- Job Type: Temporary
- Schedule Expectations: Custodians will work a regular schedule covering all hours of park operation including nights, weekends, and holidays. Candidates with the flexibility to adjust their schedule as needed are preferred
- Projected End Date: September 18, 2022
- Employment Duration: If employed in a temporary position, candidates should note that they will need to reapply for any future positions and there is no presumption for rehire or reoccurring employment in subsequent seasons.
- How to Apply: Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name of the role you are applying for in the email subject. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please let us know at email@example.com
What You'll Do
- Clean the park which includes performance spaces, public restrooms, indoor spaces, staff restrooms, food stalls, and equipment.
- Monitor trash receptacles, refresh trash bags, and coordinate trash pick-up with carting service.
- Remove snow, ice, leaves and debris.
- Report damage or hazards using an online work order system.
- Set up and breakdown park furniture including folding tables, chairs, barricades or other objects as assigned in preparation for public events or inclement weather.
- Support other members of the Little Island Operations staff on a variety of tasks including: Maintenance tasks such as sanding, polishing, or minor repairs using hand tools; Horticultural tasks such as removing weeds, clearing fallen leaves, or planting
- Welcome visitors to the park and provide them with information about the park, horticulture, and program as needed
- Other duties and tasks related to the park and its operations as assigned
What You'll Bring
- Knowledge of proper cleaning and sanitation techniques and products
- Experience prioritizing safety
- Experience operating equipment such as power-washers or leaf blowers. If not yet comfortable, candidates should be willing to learn
- Availability to work early morning or late evening shifts at Little Island, in addition to weekends or holidays regularly
- Ability to transport or lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs
- Possession of OSHA 10 or 30, Fall/Arrest training, or other relevant certifications preferred
- Ability to work in US
- A genuine interest and investment to contribute to our culture of excellence by collaborating and problem-solving cross-departmentally
Benefits and Perks
- Eligible for accrued sick time
- Eligible for holiday and overtime pay
- Contribution into a 401(k)-retirement plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to free tickets at Little Island.
Life at Little Island
- Park employees will spend time onsite at Little Island working in outdoor weather conditions, navigating the entire park multiple times a day, and interacting with park visitors to ensure operations are running effectively. Little Island is ADA compliant, and park employees are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for each other and our park’s visitors.
- Little Island’s Headquarters, located near the park, provides an open floor plan office, shared work areas and kitchen, a locker room, rehearsal space, and storage for the park. It is a dynamic and multi-use space where employees and artists can collaborate, connect, and unwind in between shifts, meetings, and events.
- All park employees are expected to actively participate in our communal commitment to employee safety and health and all related employee policies. Based on guidance from global and local health authorities, Little Island has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for all employees, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Potential employees will be given the opportunity to provide proof of vaccination or request a reasonable accommodation at the start of employment.
- Little Island is a proud equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, familial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. In short, you are welcome here no matter who you are, where you come from, or what you look like. Our park is for everyone, and so is our workplace.